- 1 heaping cup packed dates
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a dough-like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut or almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily. (A loaf pan might work, but will yield thicker bars // adjust the size of pan if altering batch size).
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened – I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and really pack the bars, which helps them hold together better.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.